I’ve been in a scifi book club for a few years now, and it’s been lots of fun. It stretched me in good ways and I made some great friends. We’ve done approximately one book per month, and I’ve occasionally read something unrelated in the same month.
I’m taking a cycle off though, because there are some things I need to get read. This post is partly simply to get them written down so I don’t forget.
- The Percy Jackson Series
- My kids fell in love with this about a year ago and have read them all, some more than once. I haven’t been super excited about it, but they asked me to read them, and I want to take part in something they love. I’ve read the first one now, and it’s pretty good. I’m interested to see where they go with it.
- The Hunger Games
- My eldest read this first, and then I did, and she and I watched the movie together. I found it quite gripping. She’s since read the sequels and I need to do that as well.
- The Dark Is Rising Sequence
- I generally read this series every year starting in the fall and ending in the spring. The second book takes place around Christmas, and I try to line up the reading around that time.
- I tend to read this every few years, and it’s about that time. If you haven’t read it I highly recommend it.
- The Deed Of Paksenarrion
- Even though I read this about 6 months ago I’ll probably read it again once everything else is done.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
Update: I just bought The Three Investigators number 1, which is the first book I ever read that made me fall in love with reading. Now my kids will read it. 🙂