The folks over at Map of Strange have used Google Maps to point out strange things on Earth visible from space (given cool cameras on satellites). It’s really very cool. Some examples:
- A maze cut into a corn field in the pattern of the Superbowl 39 logo (United States)
- A Russian sub. On land, in Ukraine.
- An African bazaar, but it’s the only thing in focus for hundreds of miles (Tanzania)
- A hotel shaped like a crocodile (Jabiru, Australia)
- The Atacama Giant (Iluga, Chile)
There are few enough that you can look through everything in about 15 or 20 minutes.